This week, St. Andrew’s students made a pledge to continue being a “No Place for Hate School” by reciting the pledge together:
Lower school pledge:
• I promise to do my best to treat everyone fairly.
• I promise to do my best to be kind to everyone—even if they are not like me. • If I see someone being hurt or bullied
, I will tell a teacher.
• I will help others to feel safe and happy at school.
• I will be part of making my school No Place for Hate.
• I will seek to gain understanding of those who are different from me.
• I will speak out against prejudice and discrimination.
• I will reach out to support those who are targets of hate.
• I will promote respect for people and help foster a prejudice-free school.
• I believe that one person can make a difference—no person can be an “innocent” bystander when it comes to opposing hate.
• I recognize that respecting individual dignity and promoting intergroup harmony are the responsibilities of all students.
Our Administration, Faculty, Staff, and Students are constantly working to make our school environment welcoming and inclusive for all.