Director of Development
St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, a co-educational independent school serving students ages 18 months through 8th grade in New Orleans, LA, seeks a Director of Development. The Director of Development reports to the Head of School with the guidance and supervision of the Director of Advancement and Enrollment.
- Devise and manage a program designed to attract the maximum gift support possible to St. Andrew’s. This program will include management of the Annual Giving campaign, planned giving campaigns, corporate and foundation grant proposals, and planning for major capital gifts.
- Manage major community-wide events—especially the annual auction—with volunteer support.
- Manage a major campaign to celebrate the school’s 60th
- Develop and lead a plan to increase alumni engagement with St. Andrew’s.
- Serve as staff support for the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees and the Parents’ Association.
- Manage the donor and alumni database, fundraising reports, and all necessary correspondence relating to fundraising.
- Oversee processing of all gift income for the purpose of providing receipts and maintaining the giving records of donors to St. Andrew’s.
- Develop and update publications and promotional materials to support annual and special giving campaigns as necessary.
- Keep the Head of School, Director of Advancement and Enrollment, and Development Committee regularly apprised of progress toward goals and objectives.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and direct professional leadership experience in a school or other non-profit organization, with a successful record of fundraising, communications, and engagement. Familiarity with the local philanthropic community helpful.
- Previous team management and supervisory experience with the ability to create a shared commitment to the organization’s mission and a creative and collaborative work environment.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills, with a goal-driven, detail-oriented and proactive working style. Ability to function both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills—both written and oral—and the ability to influence and engage a wide variety of donors and key stakeholders, including parents and families of alumni.
- Proficiency with technology (specifically Word and Excel) and knowledge of development software.
- A passion for the mission and values of St. Andrew’s Episcopal School.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter, résumé with references and a sample fundraising appeal letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Include “Director of Development” in the subject line of all correspondence related to this position.
St. Andrew’s Episcopal School does not discriminate against any person in admission, employment, or otherwise because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or age in violation of existing state or federal law or regulations.