Head of School:
- Kathryn Fizpatrick, B.A. from Louisiana State University; Ed.M. from University of New Orleans; School Leadership Center Performance Based Educational Leadership Program; currently in the graduate program at the University of Holy Cross pursuing a doctoral degree in Executive Leadership.
- Founded in 1957 by the Rev. Ralph Kimball and the Vestry of St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church.
- 150 boys and girls (PK – Grade8)
- 50 boys and girls (Cottage)
- 26% Students of color
- 35% of students receive financial aid
- All religious affiliations are welcome
- 65% of our Lead Teachers hold Master’s Degrees
- 5:1 student/faculty ratio
- Departmentalized instruction in Grades 6-8
- School Counselor, Learning Support Coordinator
- Gates open at 7:30 a.m.
- Grades PK – 4 – 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. (Daily)
- Grades 5 – 6 – 7:50 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. (Daily)
- After-School Care is available until 6:00 p.m. every day for all grades, and a variety of after-school enrichment programs are available to all students throughout the year.
- Self-contained classrooms PK-Grade 5
- Class rotation for Math, History, and English in Grades 6-8
- Class rotation for Science in Grades 5-8
- Average class size: 15
- Spanish is taught at all grade levels.
- Entire-school (PK-8th) STEM Expo Mathematics)
- Wireless classroom laptop computer provided for each student in Grades 2-8
- Interactive White Boards in PK-8, Spanish, Music, Library, Computer Center, and Multi-Purpose Room
- Computer Center with 24 networked student work-stations
- Art, Library, P.E., Music, Technology, Spanish, Chapel
St. Andrew’s is a faith-based school that values diversity and inclusiveness. We believe we are called to be models of love and grace by respecting the dignity of every human being, serving God in all persons and striving for justice and peace among all people. All students participate in worship services twice a week and students in first through eighth grades attend religion classes once a week. Religion classes are conducted in an inviting manner with an emphasis on promoting appreciation and understanding of all faith traditions.
- Daily for all students- PK, K, Grades 1-8
- Co-ed Flag Football and Soccer
- Girls’ Volleyball
- Boys’ and Girls’ Basketball
- Cross Country
- Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Piano Lessons
- A variety of after-school programs, including art, karate, baseball instruction, music, cooking, and yoga are offered on a six-week rotating basis.
Catered hot lunch, fresh fruit, and either milk or water are available daily. Children have the option of bringing lunch from home.
- Grades 1-8: Monday-Thursday (5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders may have homework over the weekend.)
- Grade 1: 20 minutes per night
- Grade 2: 30 minutes per night
- Grade 3: 45 minutes per night
- Grades 4 & 5: 15 to 20 minutes per subject assigned
- Grades 6 – 8: 20 to 30 minutes per subject assigned
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are held twice a year, PK-Grade 8
- Trimester Report Cards and Interim Reports, Grades 1-8
- Letter grades given to Grades 2-8
High School Outplacement:
Over the past eight years, St. Andrew’s graduates have matriculated at the following eighteen different high schools: Academy of Sacred Heart, Archbishop Shaw, Benjamin Franklin, Brother Martin, Cabrini, Darrow, De La Salle, Dominican, Holy Cross, Isidore Newman, Jesuit, Louise S. McGehee, Lusher, Metairie Park Country Day, Mount Carmel, NOCCA, Riverdale, St. Martin’s Episcopal, Ursuline Academy
Accreditation and Affiliations:
- Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS)
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
St. Andrew’s Episcopal School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin or disability in violation of state or federal law or regulation in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs. St. Andrew’s Episcopal School does not discriminate against any person in employment or otherwise because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, or age in violation of existing state or federal law or regulations.